Southern Cross Care (Tas.) Inc is an organisation dedicated to providing the highest quality care in terms of human and physical resources and to maintaining the dignity of the individual in a caring, Christian environment.
Southern Cross Care has been involved in providing Aged Care residential and support services in Tasmania for more than forty years and is recognised as the major and leading provider of such services in Tasmania. High-quality residential care is provided in facilities covering Residential Aged Care, Hostel and Independent Living facilities at fourteen different locations within Tasmania.
Southern Cross Care also provides a number of community-based support care services designed to enable the elderly to live in their own homes through programs such as Community Aged Care Packages, an In-home Diversional Therapy service, and Veterans Home Care.
On a National basis, Southern Cross Care is represented in each State and Territory and is able to claim to be one of the largest providers of Aged Care accommodation in the voluntary, not-for-profit sector in Australia, with in excess of 10,000 persons being recipients of our care.
Southern Cross Care (Tas.) Inc. is a foundation member of Southern Cross Care (Australia) Inc.
Our vision is to be recognised as the leading provider of aged care services in Tasmania and the employer of choice in that sector.
- and demonstrate compassion and care for others in the spirit of the Catholic faith, on which our work is based;
- each person regardless of culture, colour, religious belief or social status;
- the highest professional and ethical standards and endeavour to apply them in all our interactions with the individuals, families and communities that we serve;
- excellence and aim to achieve best practice in client service and business performance;
- and respect our staff and strive to provide a safe and fulfilling workplace.
- Quality care services
- Quality governance
- Quality management and staff
- Quality business performance
- Quality communication